Sunday 22 May 2011

Short animating tests

Today I decided to do some very quick animation tests for things that might be on the banquet table that get pushed aside by Don.. since I will be doing some secondary animation thought I might as well get the swing of ToonBoom first.
I have not animated for awhile, save the leaf test, so I'm kinda rusty.. today is like a warm-up and tomorrow or the day after I'll tackle better things!!! Each of these animations took between 5-15 minutes..

So!
Reference for things on the dinner table;


and a reference for pots, pans and things falling..

(last 20 seconds!)

And also decided to also make my own reference;


Animated it quickly for 5 mins or so in toonboom for practice;


(and with background)


cleaned up..


Testing it out if it were a jug..


Another reference for a knife and fork;


And my attempt in ToonBoom;


weird don animation from the top of my head.. just him drawing his sword.


That's all for now.. ToonBoom is very useful and is quite similar to flash but I had a lot of trouble copying and pasting things so I decided to draw every frame instead. I had this problem when I animated the leaves as well.. I don't mind too much since I prefer this method as it gives it a more lively feel..
EDIT
since spoken to emma and have worked out how to copy and paste frames! I think Matt and Yuki already gave me this advice but I forgot >< you need to copy the image rather than the keyframe and paste it the same way otherwise they will affect each other and we want to keep them separate..

No comments:

Post a Comment