Thursday 25 November 2010

10/11/2010 - Designing the Colour Palette

My first task on Matt's project is to begin working on the colour palette for the film. I first had a look at existing palettes around and found a nice example of one in the Hercules artbook;




The scan quality is a bit crap cause the book is bigger than A4 but you get the gist!

So, I've laid my colour palette out in a similar way... and I transfered all his storyboards into Photoshop and began working on the colours, heavily influenced by the ones I posted a couple of journals ago and the video from Gobelins.



These are the first 60 frames and I've just done what I thought looked good for now and used colours that went well together. I'm going to show Matt and the others tomorrow to get some feedback and change it if neccessary.
I'm not very happy with the grey background on the second lot of pictures but it was difficult to find a colour that didn't clash with the characters..

Also, I did have the other 60 ready to colour but unfortunately the files got deleted so I'm going to have to spend the next two hours putting them together again. Damn you Photoshop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment